Bermuda's first official GeoTour adventure starts here!
Welcome to the Bermuda Conservation GeoTour. This self-guided adventure will take you 'off the beaten path', into some of Bermuda's most spectacular parks and nature reserves. Experience the beaches, coastline and woodlands that make up Bermuda's unique environment and learn about some of our most important conservation projects.
The Department of Conservation Services is committed 'to conserve and promote Bermuda's natural and maritime heritage through research, education, advocacy and restoration'. With the help of the Bermuda Island Geocachers (BIG) we have established this GeoTour in hopes of raising awareness about the importance of conservation in Bermuda to both our residents and visitors.
What is a GeoTour?
Geocaching is a real-world, outdoor treasure hunting game using GPS-enabled devices. Participants navigate to a specific set of GPS coordinates and then attempt to find the geocache, which is a cleverly hidden water-proof container. This GeoTour is a series of 20 hidden geocaches. Find all 20 and you earn a beautiful Conservation GeoCoin!
Your GeoTour adventure can start WHEREVER and WHENEVER you want. We'll keep the geocaches out there ready and waiting for you!
HOW TO PLAY:
1. Pick up a copy of the GeoTour Passport from the Bermuda Aquarium, Museum and Zoo (BAMZ)
2. If you are not already registered to geocache go to www.geocaching.com to create your FREE login account.
3. Download the geocache coordinates to your GPS unit or mobile device at www.geocaching.com/adventures/geotours/bermuda-conservation
*Don't have a GPS device? Find information on buying a GPS device at www.geocaching.com/about/buying.aspx
*Using a Smart Phone with GPS? Find the Geocaching app for your phone at www.geocaching.com/live
4. Use the coordinates to find all 20 geocaches hidden across the islands.
-Remember, you can start at whichever geocache you want, no need to go in the order listed.
5. Inside the lid of each container is a code word. Write the code word in your passport in the space next to the corresponding geocache.
6. Find all 20 and collect your GeoCoin!
*Don't forget to log your find online too, with your Geocaching.com account!
Found all 20 of our Geocaches?
Congratulations! You've completed our GeoTour.
You are now entitled to a beautiful Conservation GeoCoin! We have both trackable and non-trackable coins so take your pick of whatever is available.
How to collect your GeoCoin:
Just bring your completed GeoTour Passport to one of the following locations:
1) Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
The Department of Conservation Services
(across the road from the Aquarium)
2) Sat - Sun 9am - 4:30pm
The Bermuda Aquarium, Museum and Zoo. (BAMZ)
We hope you enjoy your GeoTour adventure!
Any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to CONTACT US!
WHAT IS GEOCACHING?